Saturday, August 20, 2011

Adelaide Trip July 2011

 Luke and Mahlia
 As followers of our blog will know earlier this year my younger daughter had twins ( Mahlia and Kallie). Well as their mother ( Lisa ) wanted to take them to Adelaide to show them off to the rest of the family  I offered to go too as she needed another adult to go so that there was an adult to go with each infant. She very kindly offered to pay for my fare from Darwin to Adelaide so I only had to get myself from Broome to Darwin and back.

 It was because of this upcoming trip that we only went as far as Barn Hill and stayed so long there. We decided that it would be a good place for Lynn to stay with the van , as I would be away about 3 weeks.

The flight to Darwin was interesting as I flew Skywest and they stopped at Kununurra on the way. I had a couple of days in Darwin which enabled me to catch up with a few friends and go to The Multiple Birth Club playgroup as well as having some retail therapy. My original booking had been cancelled so I was glad of the extra few days.

 We flew out of Darwin at the ungodly hour of 2.45 am . It was a good trip as the babies slept most of the way.  We arrived to a very cold and wet Adelaide about 6.30 am . After adding extra strapping to the baby car seats we eventually made our way to the northern suburbs near Tea Tree Gully.

 We had a good time in Adelaide despite the cold and wet and it was great to spend time with the family. I stayed with my older daughter who has 3 boys, while  Lisa and the girls stayed with her father about Iklm away.

 As all the children were on school holidays we took them to the Monarto zoo and other activities including the Drive Inn and Ice skating. We also went to visit my auntie at her nursing home .  She turned 90 earlier this year and was thrilled to see the babies.

Kallie and Mahlia in Darwin
The twins and Tehlita ( big sister) in jumpers and beanies I knitted



  My girls with a twin each ,Lisa nearest camera



Auntie Olive with the girls


Ready for bed in our really warm pjs


 Tehlita,Ryan and Bradley budding pool players




 Ryan and Bradley "mad scientists"

 Cup cake heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment